- save a copy of OutChannel_N: one never knows...
- you may overwrite InChannel by OutChannel
- a shapefile is optional: recode only according to the features specified in the shapefile
- a feature may be either
- up to 255 separate broken lines
- up to 255 separate closed polygons
- separate points
- maximum 1000 waypoints altogether
- the .shp suffix is optional in the -Recode... argument
- do not mix lines and/or polygons and/or points in one same shapefile
- OpenEV is very good at shapefiles
- shp2text executable is used by 4SM to convert the shapefile to a textfile, which is then used by 4SM
- -Recode/GT_5... would recode all pixels GreaterThan_OldVal into NewVal...
- -Recode/LT_5.... would recode all pixels LesserThan_OldVal into NewVal...
Good luck, and ... don't get confused!